Sat, Jun 17|
Designated Odor Test (DOT) SDDA
SDDA, DOT Put you training into practice, with a fun 'formal' test. Cost $22.50 per run (includes ribbon and certificate on passing)
Time & Location
Jun 17, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EDT
Pembroke, 573 Lubitz Rd, Pembroke, ON K8A 6W6, Canada
About the event
The purpose of the DOT is to test if the dog is able to determine the location of the target scents used in competition with its location unknown to the handler and the ability of the handler to correctly call an alert. Designated Odour Tests (DOTs) may be taken at any time, they are a fun way to gain confidence that your dog is searching for odour.
No SDDA dog registration is required.
DOTs are pass/fail
A formal alert is not required.
The scents are as follows: Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens), Pine (Pinus sylvestris), Red/White Thyme (Thymus vulgaris).
Only one scent is used in each test and no distractors
Certificates and ribbons, will be issued at the end of your session.
- 2nd Dogs will be permitted. On registering please note that you have a 2nd dog.
- Awards will be title ribbons and Certificates
- SDDA rules and TailWaggersK9Sport Good Conduct rules apply (cancellation policy is as per Trial Premium).
- This trial is not open to bitches in season, please see refund policy if you determine this after registering.
- No unofficial scents permitted on trial location.
- See SDDA website for rule book, https://www.sportingdetectiondogs.ca
- Dogs must be on leash at all times.
- No retractable leashes.