Sat, Mar 25|
Howie's Hall, TailWaggersK9Sport
CARO Rally Obedience Trial
Sanctioned Trial - Please note you will receive confirmation from the website that your application has been received, (this is not confirmation of a place in the trial). A Paypal invoice will be issued (within 3 days) if you have been successful (see premium for payment methods).
Time & Location
Mar 25, 2023, 8:30 a.m. – 5:40 p.m.
Howie's Hall, TailWaggersK9Sport, 573 Lubitz Rd, Pembroke, ON K8A 6W6, Canada
About the event
Premium is draft until registration is open - Priority will be to TailWaggersK9Sport stundents
This is the Trial Premium
Please note you are required to register online through this website.
This premium is subject to change until the day registration opens
TailWaggersK9Sport - CARO Trial
Trial Number: T23-007
Dates: March 25th 2023
Location: Howie’s Training Hall, 573 Lubitz Rd, Pembroke, On, K8A 6W6
Trial Secretary: Sharon Needham
Trial Chairperson: Sharon Needham
Email: TailWaggers.K9Sport@Yahoo.com (please use title CARO T23-007 on correspondence)
Registration is online through the website https://www.tailwaggersk9sport.com/current-schedule-online-in-pesron
On confirmation of your place (not confirmation that your registration has been received) - a PayPal invoice will be issued.
Payment is through PayPal or E-transfer to TailWaggers.K9Sport@Yahoo.com
(if using EMT please set password to CAROMar23, and inform us if the name on your account does not match the name used to register).
Registration Opens: Jan 7th at 9:00am Registration Closes: March 10th, (or when full)
A wait list will be in operation if trial fills, (please use normal registering process to join wait list)
Priority will be given to TailWaggers students
Facility/Event is held indoors; Limited indoor crating area (only with proof of vaccinations including Bordetalla).
Flooring is agility floor mats
Fees: MainStream $22 per run; Working $4.50 per skill (FEO's welcome, please add comment in the "anything we should know box")
Timings (approximate): Doors open 8.30 a.m. First judge’s briefing 9:15 a.m. Timings for the start of the will be confirmed with final run order.
Judges: Chantell Charlebois
GENERAL INFORMATION: This is a Canadian Association of Rally Obedience (CARO) sanctioned trial that will be held under CARO rules and regulations. Through submission of their entry, the Competitor acknowledges that they have read and understand the CARO rules and regulations.
All dogs must have a CARO registration number in order to compete. This registration should be applied for in advance of the trial, or you may do so at the trial by bringing the completed form, and a cheque for the correct amount (payable to CARO).
It is expressly understood that exhibitors alone are responsible for the behaviour of their dogs and/or children. Any exhibitor whose dogs and/or children create unnecessary disturbances or engages in unsafe, disruptive, or aggressive behaviour may be asked to leave the show grounds; no refunds will be given.
An officiating Judge, and/or the Chairperson of the trial, may dismiss from the trial site any person subjecting the Judge, or members, or the organizing committee to abuse, whether that person is competing in the trial or not.
Prong collars, choke chains, e-collars and other similar devices are not permitted on the property at any time. Extendible leashes are not permitted. Without exception, all dogs must be penned, crated, or attended on leash when not in the ring.
Female dogs in heat are not permitted on site.
Dogs that engage in disruptive barking or whining should be crated in a closed vehicle, parking at house location (3min walk) to avoid disruption to other participants. An addiional crating area (Dog Gym) may be made available.
Clean, dry indoor shoes must be worn inside the buildings (blue floor arae). For safety purposes, all outdoor, wet, or soiled shoes must be and kept with the competitor at their crating location, or left on the boot racks provided.
Refunds will only be issued if the Trial Secretary is notified before the trial closes and the dog is unable to compete for medical reasons; a veterinary note must be provided (a female in heat is not considered a medical reason, females in heat are not permitted at the trial). Admin charge of $15 applies.
Weather - if the Judge is able to get here (travelling from Cassleman) the trial wil go ahead and refunds based on weather will not be offered. If the trial is cancelled due to weather we will honour a new date or full refund.
COVID policy of the day is enforce - competitors testing positive (with proof dated) will be offered refund, no refund if your driver gets COVID.
Preliminary running orders will be emailed to competitors one week before the trial. Any required changes to the running order must be reported to the Trial Secretary immediately. Final running orders will be emailed on the Wednesday before the trial; no further changes will be made after that time.
Move-Ups/Lateral Moves: Please advise the Trail Secretary by email at least 10 days prior to the event of any move-ups. Move- ups (a move-up in working means you stay within the same skill but will run at a higher level, lateral moves means change in skill set), will be permitted if time allows. Same day move-ups for remaining runs will be allowed time permitting.
Equipment for Working: Where applicable for Working skills the handler must bring their own equipment (e.g. designated retrieves, retrieves on flat and over jump and scent discrimination et al).
Awards:If your dog earns a title please write your information on the Title Record sheet located at the registration desk. Please ensure you tell the desk so that ribbons can be awarded. Q Ribbons will be issued fro mainstream runs. 1st 2nd 3rd placements in mainstream (not working) will be offered.
Nearby Hotel: Quality Inn Suites in Petawawa.
General Agreement/Event Participation Waiver and Release
In consideration of the acceptance of this entry by CARO and TailWaggersK9Sport (the “Organizing Club”) and the opportunity to have the Dog participate, compete in and/or be judged at this event or trial (the “Event”), I, the undersigned, agree as follows:
1. I certify that I am the actual owner of the Dog, or that I am the duly authorized agent of the actual owner of the Dog and that the Dog is not a hazard to persons, property or other dogs.
2. I agree that CARO or the Organizing Club for the Event may refuse my entry for any reason that it deems to be sufficient. 3. I understand and acknowledge that participation in the Event carries certain risks, including, but not limited to injuries (including serious injuries and death) to myself, the Dog, another dog under my control or persons attending as my guests (my “Related Parties”), damage to property and other losses. I waive any and all claims that I have or may have in the future against, and release from all liability and agree not to sue CARO, the Organizing Club or any of the directors, executives, committees, representatives, employees, volunteers or agents of either CARO or the Organizing Club (the “Personnel”) for any injury, death, property damage or other loss that I or my Related Parties sustain due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, breach of duty, statutory or otherwise, or mistakes or errors of judgment of any kind.
4. I assume full responsibility for the conduct of myself and my Related Parties during the entirety of the Event. I agree to indemnify and save harmless CARO, the Organizing Club and the Personnel from and against any and all claims that may be made against them or costs, fees, expenses or liability (including, without limitation, lawyers’ fees on a solicitor and own client basis) incurred by CARO, the Organizing Club or the Personnel that may arise due to: (a) any act or omission of myself, my Related Parties or any party for whom I am liable at law; or (b) aggressive behaviour by the Dog or any other dog under my control.
5. I have read, and do understand the rules of competition and the additional rules (if any) appearing in the trial schedule for the Event, as well as the policies of CARO pertaining to discipline (collectively, the “Rules”). I agree to abide by the Rules and to conduct myself and the Dog in accordance with the Rules. I understand that myself and/or the Dog may be subject to disciplinary procedures or sanctions for breach of the Rules and agree to respect and be bound by any disciplinary decision made by CARO.
6. I understand that CARO and/or the Organizing Club may, in the course of administering the Event or conducting its activities generally, collect, use or disclose my personal information and that any personal information collected, used or disclosed by CARO and/or the Organizing Club will be treated in accordance with CARO policy and applicable privacy and personal information laws. I hereby consent to the collection, use and disclosure by CARO and/or the Organizing Club of my personal information. 7. I have been given the opportunity to read and understand the terms of this Agreement before signing it, and have in fact done so. I understand that by signing this Agreement, I am restricting my legal rights and I sign this Agreement voluntarily and of my own free will.
You will be required to acknowledge acceptance of these statements in your application:
Please also read TailWaggersK9Sport - Code of Conduct
COVID Requirements at the time of the event.