Sat, Jun 10|
Howie's Hall, TailWaggersK9Sport
CARO Rally Obedience Trial Jun 2023
Sanctioned Trial - Please note you will receive confirmation from the website that your appSanctioned Trial - Please note you will receive confirmation from the website that your application has been received, (this is not confirmation of a place in the trial). See details for the Premium List
Time & Location
Jun 10, 2023, 8:30 a.m. – Jun 11, 2023, 4:30 p.m.
Howie's Hall, TailWaggersK9Sport, 573 Lubitz Rd, Pembroke, ON K8A 6W6, Canada
About the event
TailWaggersK9Sport - CARO Trial
Trial Number: T23-022/23
Dates: June 10th & 11th 2023
Location: Howie’s Training Hall, 573 Lubitz Rd, Pembroke, On, K8A 6W6
Trial Secretary: Sharon Needham
Trial Chairperson: Sharon Needham
Email: TailWaggers.K9Sport@Yahoo.com (please use title CARO June23 on correspondence)
Registration is online through the website https://www.tailwaggersk9sport.com/current-schedule-online-in-pesron
On confirmation of your place (not confirmation that your registration has been received) - a PayPal invoice will be issued.
Payment is through PayPal or E-transfer to TailWaggers.K9Sport@Yahoo.com
(if using EMT please set password to CAROJune23, and inform us if the name on your account does not match the name used to register).
Trial is offered in priority to TailWaggersK9Sport students and volunteers
Registration Opens: Tuesday April 25th at 9:00am to TailWaggersK9Sport clients, Wednesday April 26th at 9:00am to the General Public
Registration Closes: June 1st, (or when full)
A wait list will be in operation if trial fills, (please use normal registering process to join wait list, you will be contacted if a space becomes available)
Facility/Event is held indoors; Limited crating area inside (quiet, sociable dogs only please). Flooring indoors is agility floor mats.
Fees: MainStream $25 per run; Working $5 per skill
Ribbons: Title ribbons will be issued at TailWaggersK9Sport discretion. Placement & Q ribbons will be issued for mainstream Rally (no Q ribbons for Working).
Timings (approximate): Doors open 8:30 a.m. First judge’s briefing 9:00 a.m.
Judges: Deana Abbott & Patricia Hunt
Saturdays Events - Mainstream Rally
Novice 1 Judge Deana Abbott
Novice 2 Judge Deana Abbott
Novice 3 Judge Pat Hunt
Novice Team 1 Judge Deana Abbott
Novice Team 2 Judge Deana Abbott
Novice Team 3 Judge Pat Hunt
Advanced 1 Judge Deana Abbott
Advanced 2 Judge Deana Abbott
Advanced 3 Judge Pat Hunt
Excellent 1 Judge Deana Abbott
Excellent 2 Judge Deana Abbott
Excellent 3 Judge Pat Hunt
Sunday Events - Working & Team
Working Round 1 Exercises 1 to 5 (mixed levels) Judge Pat Hunt
Working Round 2 Exercises 1 to 5 (mixed levels) Judge Pat Hunt
Working Round 3 Exercises 1 to 5 (mixed levels) Judge Pat Hunt
Working Round 4 Exercises 5 to 10 (mixed levels) Judge Pat Hunt
Working Round 5 Exercises 5 to 10 (mixed levels) Judge Pat Hunt
Working Round 6 Exercises 5 to 10 (mixed levels) Judge Pat Hunt
Advanced Team 1 Judge Deana Abbott
Advanced Team 2 Judge Deana Abbott
Advanced Team 3 Judge Pat Hunt
If there are not sufficient entries in an event, TailWaggersK9Sport reserve the right to remove the event to allow more opportunity for others. In this case you will be offered a full refund for the whole trial or to amend your registration.
GENERAL INFORMATION: This is a Canadian Association of Rally Obedience (CARO) sanctioned trial that will be held under CARO rules and regulations. Through submission of their entry, the Competitor acknowledges that they have read and understand the CARO rules and regulations.
All dogs must have a CARO registration number in order to compete. This registration should be applied for in advance of the trial, or you may do so at the trial by bringing the completed form, and a cheque for the correct amount (payable to CARO).
It is expressly understood that exhibitors alone are responsible for the behaviour of their dogs and/or children. Any exhibitor whose dogs and/or children create unnecessary disturbances or engages in unsafe, disruptive, or aggressive behaviour may be asked to leave the show grounds; no refunds will be given.
An officiating Judge, and/or the Chairperson of the trial, may dismiss from the trial site any person subjecting the Judge, or members, or the organizing committee to abuse, whether that person is competing in the trial or not.
Prong collars, choke chains, e-collars, and other similar devices are not permitted on the property at any time.
Extendible leashes are not permitted on site, Without Exception. Dogs must be leashed when not in the ring.
All dogs must be secured (doors closed) in a pen, crate or vehicle, when left unattended.
Female dogs in heat are not permitted on site.
Dogs that engage in disruptive barking or whining should be crated in a vehicle, if you know your dog will react to people/dogs walking by please park where people do not walk.
Clean, dry indoor shoes must be worn inside the building. For safety purposes, all outdoor, wet, or soiled shoes must be either placed in a leak proof bag and kept with the competitor at their crating location, or stored on the racks provided.
Refunds will only be issued if the dog is unable to compete for medical reasons, a veterinary note must be provided. The Trial Secretary must be notified before the trial closure date.
Preliminary running orders will be emailed to competitors one week before the trial. Any required changes to the running order must be reported to the Trial Secretary immediately. Final running orders will be emailed and published online the Wednesday before the trial; no further changes will be made after that time.
Move-Ups: Please advise the Trial Secretary by email at least 5 days prior to the event of any level move- ups. Same day move-ups will be allowed for any remaining runs at the titled level, if the next level is being offered.
Awards: If your dog earns a title please write your information on the Titles Achieved Record sheet located at the registration desk. If you are likely to achieve a higher level, (anything other than a level title), title please let us know in advance (that way we can have ribbons ready just in case!!)
Hotel: TailWaggersK9Sport customers will receive a discount at the Holiday Inn Express, Pembroke, please book through the following link:
General Agreement/Event Participation Waiver and Release
In consideration of the acceptance of this entry by CARO and TailWaggersK9Sport (the “Organizing Club”) and the opportunity to have the Dog participate, compete in and/or be judged at this event or trial (the “Event”), I, the undersigned, agree as follows:
1. I certify that I am the actual owner of the Dog, or that I am the duly authorized agent of the actual owner of the Dog and that the Dog is not a hazard to persons, property or other dogs.
2. I agree that CARO or the Organizing Club for the Event may refuse my entry for any reason that it deems to be sufficient. 3. I understand and acknowledge that participation in the Event carries certain risks, including, but not limited to injuries (including serious injuries and death) to myself, the Dog, another dog under my control or persons attending as my guests (my “Related Parties”), damage to property and other losses. I waive any and all claims that I have or may have in the future against, and release from all liability and agree not to sue CARO, the Organizing Club or any of the directors, executives, committees, representatives, employees, volunteers or agents of either CARO or the Organizing Club (the “Personnel”) for any injury, death, property damage or other loss that I or my Related Parties sustain due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, breach of duty, statutory or otherwise, or mistakes or errors of judgment of any kind.
4. I assume full responsibility for the conduct of myself and my Related Parties during the entirety of the Event. I agree to indemnify and save harmless CARO, the Organizing Club and the Personnel from and against any and all claims that may be made against them or costs, fees, expenses or liability (including, without limitation, lawyers’ fees on a solicitor and own client basis) incurred by CARO, the Organizing Club or the Personnel that may arise due to: (a) any act or omission of myself, my Related Parties or any party for whom I am liable at law; or (b) aggressive behaviour by the Dog or any other dog under my control.
5. I have read, and do understand the rules of competition and the additional rules (if any) appearing in the trial schedule for the Event, as well as the policies of CARO pertaining to discipline (collectively, the “Rules”). I agree to abide by the Rules and to conduct myself and the Dog in accordance with the Rules. I understand that myself and/or the Dog may be subject to disciplinary procedures or sanctions for breach of the Rules and agree to respect and be bound by any disciplinary decision made by CARO.
6. I understand that CARO and/or the Organizing Club may, in the course of administering the Event or conducting its activities generally, collect, use or disclose my personal information and that any personal information collected, used or disclosed by CARO and/or the Organizing Club will be treated in accordance with CARO policy and applicable privacy and personal information laws. I hereby consent to the collection, use and disclosure by CARO and/or the Organizing Club of my personal information. 7. I have been given the opportunity to read and understand the terms of this Agreement before signing it, and have in fact done so. I understand that by signing this Agreement, I am restricting my legal rights and I sign this Agreement voluntarily and of my own free will.
You will be required to acknowledge acceptance of these statements in your application:
Please also read TailWaggersK9Sport - Code of Conduct
COVID Requirements at the time of the event.