Scent Detection Trial (SDDA) - Started & Advanced
Time & Location
About the event
TailWaggersK9Sport SDDA Sanctioned -Trial October 9th 2021Welcome to another TailWaggersK9Sport, SDDA Trial here is all the information you need to know (and possibly a bit more!!)
TRIAL OPENS ONLINE : 10:00 am on August 2nd, on the TailWaggersK9Sport.com website
Please note you will receive an email confirming your registration has been received, if you receive a PayPal invoice you have successful registered for the trial, please allow 24hours for the invoice. If you do not receive an email in 24hours, you will be added to the wait list - we will post on our Facebook page, if the trail is full.
Payment is through PayPal or EMT please use OCT9 as p/w.
Trial Location: Alice & Fraiser Recreation Centre,1 Hennan Rd, Pembroke K8A 6W8 (easy location just off Highway 17)
Judge: Chris Hansen Trial Chair & Secretary: Sharon Needham
Trial Start Times: 0900 hours to 1700 hours All timings are approximate and all be finalized with the running order.
Levels Offered: Started & Advanced ; Containers, Interior and Exterior (area)
Run Order will be: Started Containers, Interior, Exterior then Advanced Containers, Interior, Exterior
Started Check in tim/judges briefing: 0830 hours, First dog 0900 hours
Advanced Check in time: TBD based on number of entries
All timings are approximate and all be finalized with the running order.
Closing Date for entries: September 27th or earlier if trial reaches full capacity
Cost: $35 per component or $90 for three components
Registration: is through the website only
Cancellation Policy:Refunds up to 0800 hrs Sept 25th will be honoured with a $10 administration charge Refunds post 0800 hrs Sept 25th only if spot can be filled a $10 administration charge will occur, if monies are refunded.
Move-ups welcome providing time available, please advise as soon as possible.
No refund for cancellations post 0800 hours Sept 30th
Full refund for medical cancellations with vet certificate or at the discretion of the Trial Chair. Full refund if trail is stopped due to Pandemics, Large Scale earthquake or Plague of Lotus!
Local Accommodation: Petawawa Quality Inn and Suites, offer TailWaggersK9Sports and their travelling K9s a discount, to book go to http://www.petawawaqualityinnandsuites.com (please let us know if you have a problem receiving the discount)
Additional Information - When you register you will receive notification that your registration has been received. This is NOT confirmation that you have a place on the trial. Due to the speed that trials fill at, applications will be taken in the order they are received. If you are in the trial you will receive an invoice. If you are not in the trial you will receive an email advising that you are on the wait list. Please allow 24hours for the emails. - 2nd Dogs will be permitted (but we cannot go beyond two groups). On registering please note that you have a 2nd dog, the time of your first dog will be considered for registration of both. You must still register you 2nd dog immediately (i.e. not the next day). - Awards will be title ribbons, Q scores. - There is currently no food available on site. - Dogs will be crated in car park, this is hardstanding/paved area, and lots of walkingtrails. - It is possible that there will be horses at the far side of the centre (centre spans80acres). At present there are no bookings for horses shows.
- Please note if you see or experience something that you feel is wrong, incorrect in the running of the trial please bring it to the attention of the Host and not other competitors. We can only address it if we know about it.
- Volunteers welcome, please contact us at TailWaggers.K9Sport@Yahoo.com
- If you dog is prone to scratching/digging please wear boots for the interior search,(you are liable for any damage your dog may do).
- An elevator is available to reach the upstairs search areas. - SDDA rules and TailWaggersK9Sport Good Conduct rules and Covid Protocols apply (cancellation policy is as per Trial Premium) - This trial is not open to bitches in season, please see refund policy if you determine this after registering. - No unofficial scents permitted on trial location. - See SDDA website for rule book, https://www.sportingdetectiondogs.ca - Dogs must be on leash at all times. - No retractable leashes. - Dogs may be entered in Started or Advanced of a component, but will only be permitted to run the level if a pass at previous level has been obtained.
- Photos taken at trial by TailWAggersK9Sport and volunteers may be used for advertising
- If you hve a problem or a concern about the trial please raise it to the host, during the trail - depending on th eisse we may not be able to fix it after the trial.
- Good Sportsmanship behaviour is expeected.
By registering I certify that I am the owner or legal owner of the dog entered in the SDDA sanctioned Sporting Detection Trial. I accept full responsibility for all statements made on this entry form and for the dog’s participation in the trial. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry I agree to be bound by the regulations of the Sporting Detection Dogs Association and any additional rule and regulations put forth regarding this specific event. I agree to hold harmless the SDDA, the judge, Tailwaggers.K9Sport, Alice & Fraser Recreation Centre and volunteers and employees acting on their behalf, for any loss, damage or injury sustained by spectators, exhibitors and handlers or any of their dogs or property. I agree to assume responsibility and agree to indemnify and hold blameless the SDDA-Judge, Tailwaggers.k9sport and their volunteers and employees for any claims actions or lawsuit resulting from my participating in this event.